Illinois Concealed Carry
16 Hour Concealed Carry
- 1. Firearm safety; 2 hours Classroom Recommended
- 2. Basic principles of marksmanship; 3 hours Classroom/Range Recommended
- 3. Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm; 3 hours Classroom Recommended
- 4. All applicable State and Federal laws realting to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm; 4 hours Classroom Recommended
- 5. Weapon Handling; 4 hours Recommended
- 4 basic firearm handling safety rules
- Home storage
- Vehicle storage
- Other storage, such as, storage at public and private agencies
- Sight Alignment
- Sight Pictures
- Trigger Control
- Gun identification: revolver, semi-automatic, misc.
- Ammunition identification and selection
- Safety and cleaning protocols
- Cleaning equipment
- Loading and unloading
- The Act relating to the ownership, carry, and transportation of a firearm 1) with emphasis on 430 ILC 66/10(h) which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting pr carrying a concealed firearm. 2) with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
- The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq.
- Relevant portions of. the ILCS including but not limited to
- 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person**
- 720 ILCS 5/7-2. use of force in the defense of dwelling**
- 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in the defense of other property**
- 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful Use of Weapons**
- ** Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony, and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
- Handgun fundamentals
- Handgun concealment
- Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of a minimum of 30 rounds which must includes 10 rounds from distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the illinois State Police. (See http://www.ispfsb.com/ and click on the forms and brouchers tab)
8 Hour Concealed Carry
Who is this course for?
Individuals who are active or ex-military (DD214 needed) as well as ex-police ( law enforcement certification training needed)
3 Hour Concealed Carry
Who is this course for?
Individuals who currently hold an ILCCL and are subject to renewal.
What does the 3 Hour Course cover?
All applicable state and federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm.
a. Handgun fundamentals
b. Handgun concealment
c. Live fire qualification instruction
d. Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of a minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police.
5725 S. Archer Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60638
- About Us